Last week I posted a finding from the study titled ‘The Shriver Report Snapshot: An Insight Into the 21st Century Man‘. Here is another interesting finding you may want to reflect on for the day. The report says:
The qualities that men want in a wife do not correspond with what they want in a daughter when they grow up.
When asked to select from a list of 10 qualities that men most want in a wife or female partner, heterosexual men are most likely to want a wife or female partner that is intelligent (72%), attractive (45%), independent (34%), and sweet (34%).
- While both 18- to 49-year-old men and those age 50 and older are most likely to want a wife or female partner that is intelligent (68% and 77%, respectively), 18- to 49-year-olds are more likely to want a wife or female partner that is attractive (50%) than are men 50 and older (38%). Conversely, men 50 and older are more likely to want a wife or female partner who is principled (37%) compared with 18- to 49-year-old men (19%).
However, when men are asked to choose qualities they are looking for in a daughter from the same list, the qualities do not match up. For a daughter, men still select intelligence (81%) as their top choice, but men place greater import on independence (66%), as well as being strong (48%) and principled (35%). While 34% of men want a wife or female partner to be sweet, just 19% have the same wish for a daughter.
As a male I’m a bit startled by the differences that appear in the qualities we men want in a Female Partner and a Daughter. I don’t agree with all of them but I can see some differences in the qualities I want. Impressed that intelligence is the highest category for both!
Here are some options provided by “A Woman’s Nation™” that you can take to know more about the study and the findings:
- Read More: 10 Things You Don’t Know About Today’s Man
- Take Action: 5 Actions With Impact for the 21st Century Man
- Explore Further: The full results and analysis of The Shriver Report Snapshot: An Insight into the 2st Century Man.
- See Also: The full, detailed press release.
- Share the Information: Click here for an infographic that provides a concise visual summary of the survey’s findings.
- Watch: A Conversation on Modern Masculinity Moderated by Maria Shriver
I hope you remembered your Mother yesterday!